- Black Sheep run outdoor training sessions from October onwards.
- Big Training Weekends are usually on the first weekend of the month, depending on other events.
- Saturday sessions focus more on core player skills, whilst Big Training Weekends also include tactics and plays.
- We have finalised a training plan for the 2018-19 season, which is available on the Events Calendar. Over 18s can also sign up to our Big Training Weekend events via our Facebook Group.
- New for 2018-19: We are also introducing a new session for Beginners and Developing Players this season. These run after each Big Training Weekend Sunday from 1pm to 2.30pm.
- Our squad selection criteria for 2018/2019 can be found here
Big Training Weekends
Saturday – boots on and ready to warm up by 11am! Session runs on until 3.30pm. We then meet up again later in town for an organised social; there are some great things planned for this year, so watch this space. If you need a place to stay for the night, let us know and we’ll do our best to sort it.
Sunday – boots on and ready to warm up by 10am! Session runs on until 1pm.
During these two days, we will be focusing on a number of aspects, including drills, tactics, throwing, fitness and plenty of game time. It is the expectation of the Club that if you wish to play for us at UKU Tour in 2019, you will attend these training weekends. Further details about attendance expectations for the 2018/2019 season will be made available here shortly.
New Sessions for Beginners and Developing Players!
For those of you looking to get into the sport, or newer players keen to improve their game (for free!) in a friendly and supportive environment. We have plenty of enthusiastic and experienced coaches on hand to teach you fundamental skills such as throwing and catching.
These sessions will be held at the same location as our Big Training Weekends (currently Wythenshawe Park), start at 1pm and run for 1.5 hours until 2.30pm.
We welcome anyone aged 8 years old and up. Please note however that any junior (under 18) MUST provide a completed parental consent form on the day in order to be able to attend the session: Consent form.
For Big Training Weekends we will be at Wythenshawe Park (at the red cross).
If you are travelling by car here are some more detailed directions to the car park:
We hope to see you at one of our trainings soon! For any further questions, you can also contact the Committee directly via firstname.lastname@example.org.